Saturday, December 18, 2010

Five Joyful Things!

I want to share a few things that are making me jump for joy these days...

1. I visited Huntington University yesterday and I have to admit I was nervous. Being the new girl again and finding my way... I was overwhelmed by the kindness and welcome I experienced. It was so refreshing and I am REALLY looking forward to teaching ART Therapy there in the NEW Year!


2. I started a meditation group! We have met twice already and we plan to meet every Monday night. I have been wanting to join one again for years but the nights never seemed to work. One day, I decided to just start one of my own. This has been SO wonderful and I am really enjoying being back in my groove again...my spiritual groove that is!



3. I have completed my 11th short story! That means ONLY 1 MORE TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am one story away from completing this collection of short stories...and then the editing begins! I CANNOT believe how close I am. I hope to finish BEFORE 2011.


4. My painting groove is back! After painting so many flops, I have finally painted some goodies again! Yay!!!


5. I am really enjoying watching the Christmas movies with my son. Last night we watched Home Alone on tv. Hearing him laugh out loud is the sweetest sound in the world. Snuggling up with him is just the best!


PS. I have a couple of new items in the shop! Here is a painting I took out of the vault. I'm keeping the original but the print is available!

What is making you JOYful these days?

5 comments:

  1. Love this list! So many good things going on.

    Happy Holidays, beautiful Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so proud of you!! your writing, your painting, your spirit, and just YOU being you. i love how you love life and rejoice in the simplicity. i'm so proud to call you my friend. your heart makes mine grow more each day. i love you so much!!! i love watching and sharing in this wonderful journey you are creating for yourself. i feel honored to be a part of your life. i love calling you my bestie.

    go girl!!!

    love you so much!
    xoxo
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Danielle,

    I have used your "I love me" painting for my blogpost(http://www.bitly.nl/80bfc6) Its such a sweet picture, and the blog really inspired me to write about my blessings to.Thank you.

    I have put a link to your website and your etsy in the blog.

    bey ~Bibje~

    ReplyDelete
  4. More steps along that joyful road... Over here it's countdown to christmas now, and I'm looking forward to heading back to my parents' place through the snowXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest sweet Danielle, such happy wonderful news!! I am so happy for you and reading this post made me smile lots! Have a lovely merry happy week, happy holiday and merry christmas! Love to you!

    jacqueline
    http://jqlinesocuteithurts.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your words. I tuck them inside my heart pocket. xo