Thursday, May 24, 2012

Big Girl Art Show

How are you all doing? I miss you. It`s hard not coming here more often to share my thoughts and my journey. However, there has been no room for dilly dallying...  I`ve been so busy finalizing an ART grant application, sending 18 large paintings in the mail (OMG...I`m learning the hard way), writing, painting, and trying to keep it all in check.

The thing is, I`m leaving in four days for my ART Opening in Quebec city. To be honest, I really don`t have time in my life right now to go there and do this... and I`m realizing that`s a problem.  If I can`t make time to honour and celebrate my FIRST SOLO ART SHOW in Quebec city-out of all places, then something is definitely wrong with this picture.

Here is a snapshot of some of the work that will be there...18 in all!
So, I made the decision. I`m taking off with one of my favorite people, my cousin Christine. We`ll be in one of Canada`s most beautiful cities for three nights, soaking in as much art and culture that we can stand. I`m happy that I decided to stop and smell the roses after so much work. I`m happy that I`m making the time to celebrate this achievement before setting sail on the next big goal or dream.

I`m learning that I need to breathe more and pause often. I`m learning that good things bring more good things and sometimes you need to stop to enjoy the good things or it just seems like one giant ugly thing with three heads, no matter how pretty it was in the beginning. 

So, I`m off again. Thank God Steve is done with his first year of Medical School (Yay Steve!) I can leave and breathe and know that everything will be OK. I believe more than ever that we need to value all of our moments; the big ones the small ones and especially the firsts that happen in Quebec city. I`ll be the girl with the smile on my face, the gratitude in my heart, and the feet planted firmly in the present. I wish I could see you all there.  What should you pause to celebrate right now? I`d love to hear about it.  xox


La Plume Blanche
The White Feather


 

8 comments:

  1. It's so important to take the time to relish each and every wonderful thing that comes into our lives. If we don't it all starts to run together and feel overwhelming and horrible. There is nothing worse than letting the wonderful things in life cause us discontent! Take time to breathe and live in the moment of these wonderful things Little One - when you look back on life you will be so glad you took the moment to do so! I am so very proud of you, and cannot wait to hear all about your big show! Have an amazing time!!!
    xox
    me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your wonderful blog. As a writer and artist also, you inspire me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful!! Sounds like you have much to be thankful for :) I just adore your work. I am only a year into my art journey and am I am celebrating my 4th commission since Dec and slowing but surly (and at times a bit slowly) going forward to all of this arty goodness.

    Have much fun celebrating your show!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on all the wonderful things happening in your life right now! I´m so happy for you!
    I am celebrating the warm summer-days! We haven´t had summer at all for two years, so these days with 20+ degrees are being deeply appreciated! Being able to wear normal clothes, bare arms and even bare-feet in sandals... it´s a tiny bit of heaven for me every single day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Danielle, I'm so happy for you! Have a wonderful time at your Art Opening in Quebec City! You so deserve this moment! I send you lots of hugs and big congratulations on everything you are working on! All the very best! Paula :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited for you, Danielle. Have a wonderful show and can't wait to hear all about it.

    Kathie V.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey danielle.. i am so excited for you.!!!!!! have fun ..take in the moment .. take some cool pics to show us... you def deserve this show.. this may lead to new opportunities of which we want to hear about as well.. carry on .. and be proud... xx jaci

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful, wonderful news... SO exciting. Yes, take it all in, my dear. Your first SOLO SHOW. Wow. That's something to be proud of. Thank you for keeping us posted and letting us know you're still out there, making the world a better place. :-) Love and lollipops... xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your words. I tuck them inside my heart pocket. xo